FAQ’S on AUTONOMY
- Autonomy is the freedom granted by UGC to selected institutions of high standards, of repute and with the potential for excellence, to develop the curriculum based on the current industry needs.
These colleges can conduct their own admission procedure and exams. However, at the end of course completion, the final Degree or Diploma is issued by the affiliated University.
The Parent University i.e. SNDTWU will award the degree to the students evaluated and recommended by the Autonomous college
- Autonomous institutes can set their own curriculum, syllabus and conduct their own examinations.
- Exams are conducted by the institute itself and are in accordance with what is being taught during the semester. However, the results will be granted by the Parent University i.e. SNDTWU.
- Yes, every department will have their own Board of Studies in accordance with the statutes set by the UGC.
- Since, we have got a progressive autonomy, we will implement it year wise, starting with the first year in 2019-20 and gradually every year.
- Choice based credit system (CBCS), provides a learning platform wherein the student or knowledge seeker has the flexibility to choose their course from a list of elective, core and soft skill courses. This is a student-centric approach to learning or acquiring higher education.
- The student has an option to choose inter/multi-disciplinary courses too
- It promotes group work, research and community involvement
- Provides students with greater flexibility in choice of courses
- Students can choose courses at basic or advanced level
- Learners acquire job-oriented skills
- Highly motivated students get the chance to gain extra credits
- The following departments have started new subjects from this academic year (2019-20) for the first-year students:
- Resource Management (Hospitality Management): Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Human Development: Child and Adolescent Development
Starting new Post Graduation courses in 2020
- M. Sc in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- M. Sc. In Computer Application.
- Following skill-based certificate courses offered are:
- Fundamentals of Event Management
- Beauty and Skin Care
- Fundamentals of Health and Physical Fitness.
- Certificate courses in CAD (Textile Science and Apparel Design)
- Certificate Courses in Food Science and Nutrition