BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS (BCA)
Dr. B.M.N. College of Home Science is proud to announce that it has begun as an autonomous college under the S.N.D.T. Women’s University, Mumbai from the academic year 2019-20.
Dr. B.M.N. College of Home Science is grateful for the opportunity of implementing Autonomy, as it will help the college to upgrade the quality of its education.
|Year of Establishment||2001 – 2002|
|Duration of the Course||3 Years (Six Semesters)|
|Head of Department||Mr. Shahajahan Khan M.C.A., M.Com. MDSE|
|Contact Number||+91 98679 97415
- The B.C.A. program aims to produce trained professionals in software industry for Global competency
- To develop skilled manpower in the various areas of information technology like: Data base management, Software Development, Computer-Languages, Software engineering, Web based applications etc.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills, experience and values to become lifelong learners able to obtain employment in a computer-related field or pursue higher studies.
- To create an objective platform for women who would like to work independently as software developers or system analysts for any modern developing systems.
- Develop the necessary Technical, Scientific as well as Problem Solving skills to analyse & solve real world problems within their work domain
- Develop a thorough understanding of the nature, scope and application of computer and computer languages
- Develop the ability and mindset to continuously update & innovate.
- Possess strong foundation for higher studies
- The students will be professionally qualified to be employed in IT sector and Government jobs.
- An ability to enhance the application of knowledge of theory subjects in diverse fields
- Develop language proficiency to handle corporate communication demands
- Preparing students in various disciplines of technologies such as computer applications, computer networking, software engineering, web designing, JAVA, database concepts and Internet programming.
- In order to enhance programming skills of the young IT professionals, the concept of project development in using the technologies learnt during the semester has been introduced.
- Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination held at the end of XII standard conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Board or an Examination of another State or Board recognized as equivalent thereto with an aggregate not less than 45%. OR
- Three–year full time Diploma in Engineering of Technical Education Board with an aggregate not less than 45%. OR
- Three–year full time Diploma in Engineering of Technical Education Board with an aggregate not less than 60% are directly eligible for SYBCA.
TEACHERS' AND STUDENTS' AWARD
Awards/ Recognitions received by faculty
|Year||Name of the Award|
|2014-2015||Appreciation certificate from Lions Club, Sion for his dedicated service in the field of education.|
|2015-2016||Teaching Excellence Award 2015 from Lions Club International|
|Year||Name||Name of the Award|
|2015-2016||6 team members||National level Silver Award at D.L. Shah Quality Award by the Quality Council of India|
|Year||Name of the Award|
|21.07.18||Ms. Kavita Karapurkar received ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ by Lions Club of Sion.|
|01.02.2020||Ms. Neetu Singhi was awarded “Best Leader in Skill Development and Employability Enrichment Initiatives” by Lifestar Global Welfare Foundation, India in 2nd National Edutech Innovative Summit and Awards.|
|08.03.2020||Ms. Neetu Singhi was awarded “Mentor Par Excellence” in 2nd Global Pride Women’s National Award 2020.|
|Ms. Akanksha Sawant||Best Actress award||State level Theatre competition ‘Natya Darpan’||14.01.2019|
|Ms. Khushnaz Dadrewalla from TYBCA||8th place in Chess||State Women FIDE Rating Chess Championships – 2019 at Maharashtra organized by Mumbai Suburban District Chess Association at Jogeshwari||27.06.2019-30.06.2019|
|Ms. Khushnaz Dadrewalla from TYBCA||International FIDE Rating in Chess||Elo 1051||01.08.2019|