Textile Science & Apparel Design (TSAD)
B.Sc in TEXTILE SCIENCE AND APPAREL DESIGN
|Year of Establishment||1989|
|Head of Department||Mrs. Sugandha Lad , Assistant Professor, M.Sc, M.Phil|
- To equip with the requisite knowledge and skills to become self-reliant to face the challenges of life.
- To develop Professional Skills in Food Science & Nutrition, Human Development, Textile Science & Apparel Design, Resource Management (Hospitality Management) for social and economic empowerment.
- To provide training and quality education for Entrepreneurship Development.
- To build linkages with NGOs, Government, and Academic Institutions to enhance or enrich employment opportunities
- To develop a sense of social responsibility through participation in community outreach programs.
- To focus on the multi-disciplinary perspective by integrating science, social science, and technology for improvement in the quality of life.
Program Specific Outcome
- Develop skills for achieving professional excellence in the field of Textile and Fashion
- Explore entrepreneurial skills for product development
- Enable to implement creative and innovative ideas.
- Appreciate the traditional art of weaving, dyeing, Printing, embroidering and other fabric ornamentation and Apply them in New Fashion garments and home textiles.
- Skill Based Training Programme through the fabric ornamentation and accessory designing.
- Visits and Tours Organized
- Celebrate National Handloom Day Every Year
- Industry Interaction-Visits, Resource Persons, Internship placements, Job placements & Collaborative Seminars and Workshops
- Alumni Interaction- As a Resource Persons, Conducting Mock Interview, helps in Internship placements and job placements
- Skill Training workshop for the community women through NGO & Institutes.
- Further studies
- M.Sc in Textile Science and Apparel Design
- M.Design (Fashion Design)
- Master in Fashion Management (MFM)
- Post Graduate Program in Garment Manufacturing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Dress Designing and Tailoring
- Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Design
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management
Jobs & Career
- Designer- Textile designer, Fashion designer,Costume designer, Graphic designer
- Product designer
- Apparel Distribution (Wholesale And Retail)
- Apparel Production
- Quality control manager
- Customized Clothing – for special Needs., Maternity Wear, Clothing for Divyang
- Entrepreneur- Garment Unit, Dyeing and Printing, Fashion Accessories ,Home Textiles& many more in field of Textiles and Fashion
- Boutique owner
- Retail buyer
- Visual merchandiser
- Fashion Writing
Internship & Placements
- Shah Safari Inc., Prabhadevi
- Madanlal Mehra Manufacturer Exporter, Kandivali
- Texanlab Laboratories Pvt Ltd., Rabale
- 7 Sense Export house, Mazagaon
- Apparel Trend
- Shopper Stop, Malad
- INMA Enterprises, Dharavi
- Shreeji Exim, Rabale
- Style 4 Ever, Santacruz
- Oil and Grease, Andheri
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF UGC SPONSORED MINOR RESEARCH PROJECT
This course does not have any sections.