Master of Science (MSc)
M.Sc. IN CLINICAL NUTRITION AND DIETETICS
|Year of Establishment||2009 – 2010|
|Duration of the Course||2 Years (four Semesters)|
|Head of Department||Dr. Rupali Sengupta MSc, PhD|
|Contact Number||022 24035296|
- To impart knowledge and develop capacities of the students through state-of-the-art higher education in the area of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, Medical Nutrition Management
- To develop students to become health care professionals for services in various fields of clinical nutrition and medical nutrition management and related areas such as hospital academics, research, industry, clinical nutrition department, training, extension, and community service.
- To develop capacities and abilities and enable them to pursue higher education and research in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
- To evaluate critically through an integration of nutrition, dietetics, and research.
- To interact with patients and students.
- Hands-on training in hospitals, in association with dieticians and clinicians.
- To learn about advanced diet therapy.
- To participate in symposiums, research projects, and conferences in Nutrition & Dietetics.
Program Specific Outcome
- To practice in medical and dental schools.
- To understand the composition, quality, and safety of foods and properties of food ingredients.
- To understand the integrative and preventive educational approach to nutrition, health, and disease.
- Evidence-based approach to health and wellbeing
for MSc CND Students seeking admission for MSc Should must have
- The minimum percentage is 50% or B grade for students who have the following degrees: B.Sc. Foods and Nutrition, B.Sc. Food Science and Nutrition, B.Sc. Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics/Nutrition and Dietetics, B.Sc. Public Health and Nutrition, B.Sc. Applied Nutrition.
- The minimum percentage is 55% or B grade for students with a degree in Pure Sciences: B.Sc. Life Sciences, B.Sc. Biochemistry, B.Sc Biotechnology, B.Sc. Physiology, B.Sc Zoology, B.Sc. Molecular Biology, B.Sc. Clinical and Laboratory Sciences.
- Minimum 50% or B grade for students with Postgraduate Diplomas in Dietetics, Applied Nutrition, Sports Sciences Fitness and Nutrition, Public Health, Clinical Research.
- NOTE: Applicants in B category who do have specialization in Foods and Nutrition at Undergraduate level should have completed a total 32 credits under the semester pattern or 600 marks under the annual pattern in the following subjects:
Institutional Ethical Committee Members
- Dr. Dilip Trivedi (Chairperson)
- Dr. Vatsala Trivedi (Executive Member)
- Dr Shobha Udipi (Executive Member)
- Dr. Mayuri Trivedi (Executive Member)
- Mrs. Jyotsna Pandit (Executive Member)
- Dr. Rupali Sengupta (Executive Member)
- Mr. T. M. jethani (Executive Member)
Alumina Activity (2019-2020)
This course does not have any sections.