Human Development (HD)
B.Sc in HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
|Head of Department||Dr. Kirti Pathak, Associate Professor, M.Sc., M.Phil, Ph.D.|
- To equip with the requisite knowledge and skills to become self-reliant to face the challenges of life.
- To develop Professional Skills in Food Science & Nutrition, Human Development, Textile Science & Apparel Design, Resource Management (Hospitality Management) for social and economic empowerment.
- To provide training and quality education for Entrepreneurship Development.
- To build linkages with NGOs, Government, and Academic Institutions to enhance or enrich employment opportunities.
- To develop a sense of social responsibility through participation in community outreach programs.
- To focus on the multi-disciplinary perspective by integrating science, social science, and technology for improvement in the quality of life.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME
- To make students aware of the uniqueness of each child, both genetically and experimentally, and help the students plan activities for the children
- To help students understand the lifespan of an individual, and develop programs for infants, pre-schoolers, school-going children, as well as young and old adults
- To expose students to various philosophies of schools and child/family welfare organizations through seminars, field-visits, and internships
- To prepare students to be teachers by helping them explore the natural environment through observing, investigating, experimenting, and experiencing in the experimental laboratory school – Prangan
- Balmela’ - an annual event
- Annual Premarital Counseling Seminar
INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENTS
- Save the child, Bandra (East)
- Children toy library
- Mobile Crèches, Wadala
- Ashray, Bandra (West)
- Prangan experimental nursery school, Department of Human Development
- Prangan Nursery & Day Care Centre, Bandra (East)
- Little Flowers Nursery School (Parel)
- Shradhanand Mahila Ashram, Matunga
- Deaf & Dumb School, Wadala
- Kamala Mehta School for the Blind
- Anandi School for autism, Vile Parle
- Quest, Sonale (Tal. Wada)
- Rural Community Development Centre, Talasari
- Rural Development Centre, Udwada
- SOS Village Balgram, Lonavala
- Masters Program in Human Development/ Early Childhood Education/ Extension Education
- Masters in Social Work
- EC Educators & Administrators in School
- Opening Day Care Centres
- Research Assistance in NGOs
- Special Educators
- Computer Programmers
- Designing Children's books & Songs
- Creativity & Storytelling Classes
- Designing Teaching Aid
- Child Care
- Teacher Trainers
- Project Officers
This course does not have any sections.