Resource Management (RM) [Hospitality Management]
|Year of Establishment||1987|
|Duration of the Course||3 Years (6 Semesters)|
|Head of Department||Dr. Vrushali Datar, Asst. Prof, M. Sc., Ph. D, SET|
- First Year, 1st Semester:
- Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Design & Aesthetics (CBCS) Choice Based Credit System course
- Second Year, 3rd Semester:
- Consumer Studies
- Second Year, 4th Semester:
- Travel Management
- Food and Beverage Services
- Principles of Management
- Ergonomics in Hospitality Industry
- Professional Communication Skills in Hospitality Industry (CBCS)
- Travel Writing (CBCS)
- World Geography and Map Reading (Value Added Course)
- Third Year 5th Semester:
- Tourism Management
- Housekeeping and Facility Management
- Front Office and Accommodations
- Human Resource Management
- Women Studies
- Third Year 6th Semester:
- Marketing Management
- Event Management
- Basics of Food Production
- 2 Smart Classrooms
- Housekeeping Lab
- Front Office Setup
- Travel Desk Setup
- Restaurant Setup
Every year the SY students under the subject Food and Beverage Services and TY students under the subject Basics of Food Production plan for a theme, create an ambience and prepare food based on the theme.
“Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” was announced by the Hon'ble Prime Minister on 31st October, 2015 on the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. Maharashtra state was paired with Odisha state and thus, this year the theme for the restaurant was “ORIYA” and the name for the restaurant was “FOODISHA”. The setup was done on 14th March 2020.
- “Methodologies used in Ergonomic Assessment” at the Department of PG FRM, SNDT Women’s University, Juhu Campus, Juhu.
- Travel and Tourism Management at Garware Institute of Career Education & Development, Kalina Campus, Mumbai University.
A two-day Workshop was attended by 22 SY RM students on “Methodologies used in Ergonomic Assessment” on 8th and 9th January 2020 at the University Dept. of Resource Management, Juhu Campus, SNDT Women’s University. The objective of the workshop was to teach the students different methodologies used in ergonomics when assessing an individual for physical fitness, flexibility and observation of postures, body composition and physiological workload. The outcome of the workshops was that each student should know how to carry out the methodology of each assessment along with the instrument used for it.
With the team
Students in action
Two day workshop on “Travel and Tourism” topics covering Time zones and Calculations was organized for 22 SY RM (HM) students at Garware Institute of Career Education & Development on 29th -30th Jan 2020. The objective behind organizing this workshop was to acquaint the students with the Galelio software used for online ticketing and be able to learn how to do ticketing, its calculations and identify the 3 Travel Conference areas.
SY Students with Mrs. Anita Shekhar and Mr. Prakash
WORKSHOP ON RUSA
Vegetable and Fruit Carving
The purpose of fruit and vegetable carving is to make food more attractive, more appetizing, and also easier to eat. The accomplished homemaker welcomes her guests with fruit carefully pared, seeded, and perhaps cut into bite-size slices depending on the type. With the aim of developing an entrepreneurial skill in the students a workshop on vegetable and fruit carving was organized on 7th & 8th Jan 2020 for TY students and on 27th & 28th Jan 2020 for SY students. Mrs. Usha Renaka was invited as an expert.
Resource Person: Mrs. Usha Renake
- Students visited Urban-Pod Hotel, Andheri East, uncluttered capsule hotel to see the Housekeeping and the Front Office Department.
- Students visited "India's Oldest B2B Event for Hospitality + Food & Beverages Pro Expo” at NSE Nesco Complex Off Western Express Highway NESCO Goregaon East Mumbai
- Students visited 17th “Upper Crust Food & Wine Show” India’s first and finest Gourmet Exhibition, World Trade Centre, Colaba.
- Attended a Master Class session on ‘How to be Internationally Employable’ and ‘Plated Dessert: Chocolate ‘Techniques’, organised by Education in Ireland and Study Networks at St. Regis, Lower Parel.
- Students visited “Panacea Natural Products Expo India” South Asia’s only International Trade Show on Natural ingredients, organic and healthy products at Exhibition, World Trade Centre, Colaba.
- Workshop cum lecture on “Incredible India Tourist Facilitators by India Tourism” at The School of Excellence”, Pranik Chambers, Andheri East, Mumbai.
- Oberoi Hotel, Nariman Point,
- The Ramee Guestline, Dadar
- The Sahil Hotel, Mumbai Central
- The Shalimar Hotel, Vashi
- Taurus HR Pvt. Ltd., Ghatkopar
- The Four Points, Vashi
- The Urban Pod Pvt. Ltd., Andheri
- Hotel Leafio, Marol
- ITC Grand Central, Lower Parel
- Indian Odyssey, Andheri
- Shreeji Travels, Andheri
- Adventure Tours and Travels, Byculla
- AB HR Solutions, Bhandup
- Crystal HR Solutions Services, Sion
- Go Travellerz, Dadar West
- Heena Tours and Travels, Ville Parle West
- Hypercity India Ltd., Thane
- Akanksha Tourism, Dadar (W)
- Kalpavat Consultants Pvt. Ltd., Kurla West
- Human Resource Manager
- Event Manager
- Tour Escort
- Restaurant Manager
- Housekeepers & Hostesses in institutions
- Marketing Executive
- Assistant Manager
- Banquet Manager
- Free lancing
- Personal Relation Officer
- Ms. Shikha Hasilkar, (2014-15) Senior Executive- Sales MICE, SOTC Travel Pvt. Ltd., Lower Parel (West), Mumbai was invited to share her experience in the Tourism Industry and teach the “Making of International Itinerary”
- Ms. Revati Vaish, (2017-18), Guest Relation Executive, The Ramee Guestline Hotel, Dadar, Mumbai was invited to conduct practical on “Covers” for the students of SY RM (HM) under the subject Food and Beverage Services.
- Ms. Revati Vaish, (2017-18), Guest Relation Executive, The Ramee Guestline Hotel, Dadar, Mumbai was invited to conduct practical on “Serving and Clearing the table” for the students of SY RM (HM) under the subject Food and Beverage Services.
- Ms. Vidyashree Jadhav (2012-13) Ship Deck Supervisor on Royal Caribbean was invited to share her experience “From College to Cruise”