Food Science and Nutrition (FSN)
B.Sc in FOOD SCIENCE AND NURITION
|Head of Department||Mrs. Anuradha Shekhar, Associate Professor (M.Sc ,M.Phil)|
- To equip with the requisite knowledge and skills to become self-reliant to face the challenges of life.
- To develop Professional Skills in Food Science & Nutrition, Human Development, Textile Science & Apparel Design, Resource Management (Hospitality Management) for social and economic empowerment.
- To provide training and quality education for Entrepreneurship Development.
- To build linkages with NGOs, Government, and Academic Institutions to enhance or enrich employment opportunities.
- To develop a sense of social responsibility through participation in community outreach programs.
- To focus on the multi-disciplinary perspective by integrating science, social science, and technology for improvement in the quality of life.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME
After successful completion of a three-year degree program in food science and nutrition a student should be able to:
- Demonstrate, solve, and understanding of major concepts in nutrient calculations and Meal planning.
- Solve the problem and also think methodically, independently and draw a logical conclusion in areas of food science, food preservation, and food safety.
- Employ critical thinking and scientific knowledge to design, carry out, record, and analyze the diet plans
- Create an awareness of the impact of health and nutrition on an individual and society. To reach out through participation in community outreach programs.
- Find out various ways of entrepreneurship development.
- To inculcate scientific temperament in the students through projects and surveys.
- Learn newer techniques and handling of equipment in the area of food science and nutrition.
- The department offers two specializations at the undergraduate level and also a post-graduate diploma in sports science fitness and nutrition.
- Visits and tours organized.
- Observing Nutrition week, Breast Feeding Week, Women’s day and World Food day.
- Alumnae Interaction as Resource persons, for better placements, as career counselors, etc. ,
- A number of awards received by students for paper and poster presentations.
- Parle Products Pvt. Ltd.
- Goodday Foods Pvt. Ltd.
- Tajstats Air catering Pvt. Ltd.
- Pepsico India Holding Pvt.
- Shangrilla Food Products
- Food Boutique
- Mahanand Dairy Goregoan
- CIPLA, Vikhroli
- Shivaji Roller Flour Mill Pvt.Ltd., Airoli
- Britannia (Shangrilla) Ltd., Bhandup
- ChhotaSion Hospital (LTMG Hospital Extension wing)
- Avighna Foods & Beverages Pvt. Ltd.
- Microchem Pvt. Ltd.
- K11 Fitness Academy
- Masina Hospital Byculla
- Kohinoor Hospital Kurla
- D.Hinduja Hospital and Medical Research Centre
- Raheja Hospital
- Godrej Hospital, Vikhroli(E)
- Mumbai Port Trust Hospital, Wadala
- Hiranandani Hospital, Powai
- Fortis Hospital, Vashi
- sports science and fitness nutrition
- Food processing and technology
- Community nutrition and public health
- Food sanitation and hygiene
- Food analysts and training
- Food Science And Nutrition
- Sports Science And Nutrition
- Food Processing And Applications
- Clinical Nutrition And Dietetics
- Public health And Nutrition
- M.Phil in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Ph.D. in Food Science And Nutrition
- Food Analyst, Product Manager, Demonstrator, Market Researcher – Food Industries, Nutritionist, Health and Nutritional Educator-Community / Child Welfare
- Dietitian, Health Club Supervisor- Hospitals, Food Service Institutions, School / College
- Nutritional Consultants / Caterers