B.Sc. in Nutrition and Dietetics (ND) [Unaided]
B.Sc. in NUTRITION AND DIETETICS
|Head of Department||Mrs. Vinaya Vaishampayan (Coordinator)Assistant Professor (M.Sc)|
- Students completing the program of BSc in Nutrition and Dietetics will have adequate knowledge of Nutrition, Nutrients, and the different scientific processes involved in the utilization of various food and nutrient components.
- Students would have had multiple opportunities to learn the skills necessary for applying theoretical knowledge to practical life and enhance their soft skills and employability quotient.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME
- Students completing the program in Nutrition and Dietetics will have acquired adequate scientific knowledge about food and different nutrient components present in it, along with the principles of nutrition as are applied to human systems.
- Students completing the program in Nutrition and Dietetics will have acquired skills necessary in diet planning and modification necessary for various disease conditions.
- Students completing the program in Nutrition and Dietetics will have acquired basic skills necessary in lifestyle counseling of patients.
- The department offers additional inputs in Research through a special certificate program " Research as Pedagogy, Advocacy, and Transformation " in collaboration with PUKAR (Partners for Urban Knowledge, Action, and Research).
- Internship in reputed hospitals of Mumbai for a period of 6 weeks.
- Innovative teaching Method – example ‘blissful bites’- catering management in practical, practiced as a small cafeteria serving healthy snacks.
- Extending Nutrition education through Street Plays
- Reaching the masses: students are encouraged to participate in programs with the relevant nutrition social topics and have performed on ‘All India Radio’.
- Healthy teacher student ratio
INTERNSHIP & PLACEMENTS
- NMMC, Vashi
- Jupiter lifeline hospital
- Y.Patil Hospital And Research Centre (Nerul)
- LokmanyaTilakMuncipal Medical College & General Hospital
- Asian Heart Institute
- Icon Hospital
- BalabhaiNanavati Hospital
- L. Raheja Hospital
- Clinical Nutritionist
- Health Club Supervisor
- Nutritional Consultant for sports
- Self Employment
- Post graduate diploma courses
- Sports Science and Nutrition
- Masters program In Nutrition
This course does not have any sections.