Management: Shri. Pravin Shah, Dr. Bharat Pathak (Hon. Secretaries, Seva Mandal Education Society)
Convener: Principal Dr. Shilpa P. Charankar
In-charge: Prof. Dr Mala Pandurang
Members: Ms. Vidya Subramanian
Ms. Saleth Mary
Ms. Sudha Lawrence
Dr. Usha Thakkar – Hon. Secretary (Mani Bhavan Gandhi Sangrahalaya)
Shri. Somaiya Kaka – noted Gandhian.
To create an understanding and appreciation of Gandhian philosophy among the youth of today.
Activities to Generate Awareness:
* Gandhi Smriti Ashram’ Reading and Reference section on the 8th floor.
* Quotations & articles on Gandhiji displayed on a regular basis in the college campus.
* A Life Skills program based on Gandhian values.
* Field visits to Mani Bhavan (Mumbai), Sabarmati Ashram (Ahmedabad) & Sewagram Ashram (Wardha).
* Guest lectures/Seminars/workshops on topics related to Gandhian values organized on a regular basis
* Gandhi Vichar exam conducted on Gandhiji’s life in collaboration with Mumbai Sarvodaya Mandal
* Intercollegiate competitions like Essay writing, Postcard writing, State level painting competition etc.
* Demonstrations on the spinning of the Charkha & Kusti.
* Displaying books by and on Gandhiji at the Annual Book Exhibition in the college.
* Screening of films based on Gandhiji’s life & values.